On 24th of November, EBA Moldova organized the EBA Moldova International Conference on AML and Compliance, as a premiere event for Moldova.
The aim of the conference was to share the best international practices in the area of AML and compliance as well as fraud investigation.
The key speakers of the event have been:
- Mr. Laszlo Diosi, Chairman of the Management Committee of Mobiasbanca-OTP Group, President of the European Business Association;
- Mr. Gintautas Baranauskas, Deputy Head of the Operations Section, European Union Delegation in the Republic of Moldova;
- Mr. Octavian Armasu, Governor of the National Bank of Moldova;
- Mr. Vasile Sarco, Director of the Office for Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering in Moldova
- Ms. Elena, Secretary General of the National Commission for Financial Market
- Mr. Vladimir Munteanu, First Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Moldova;
- Mrs. Oxana Gasca, Head of Supervision and Compliance Division, Office for Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering in Moldova;
- Mrs. Ecaterina Popa, Head of AML/CCFT Unit, National Commission for Financial Market.
- Mr. Daniel Staicu (Romania), AML/CFT Expert, President of the National Office for Prevention and Control of Money Laundering during October 2017 - September 2020; Senior Police Officer, Anti-Corruption General Directorate
- Mrs. Ilze Znotina(Latvia), Head of Financial Intelligence Unit;
- Mr. Kristaps Markovsckis (Latvia), Director of the Department for Prevention of Money Laundering and Sanctions, Financial and Capital Market Commission
- Dr. Arpad Kiraly (Hungary), OTP Bank Hungary, AML/CFT Senior Manager, AML Department;
- Mr. Geza Horvai (Hungary), AML Senior Expert, AML Department;
- Mrs. Ana Pinzaru, Head of Compliance & Banking Security, CAMS, Mobiasbanca, OTP Group Moldova
- Mr. Liviu Chirita, PwC Czech Republic
- Mrs. Laura Lica Banu, Ernst & Young Romania
- Mr. Yannis Pettemerides, Compliance Advisor, Registered Auditor, Forensic Accountant, Insolvency Practitioner
- Mr. Scott Nance, US Expert, Principal of Langley Compliance Consulting
Moderator of event: Mrs. Mariana Rufa, EBA CEO.
The event was organized with the participation of the Office for Prevention and Fight against Money Laundering of the Republic of Moldova, the National Bank of Moldova andNational Commission for Financial Markets in partnership with PwC, Ernst&Young, Mobiasbanca OTP Group andAsociația Investitorilor din România în Republica Moldova with the Financial support of EU, Swedish Government and East Europe Foundation.
The event can be watched here: