EBA prioritizes the support related to streamlining the traffic at the border with the EU.
Thus, on October 26, 2023, the EBA participated in the round table organized on the platform of the Economic Council next to the Prime Minister with the theme "Customs cooperation in order to streamline traffic through the border crossing points of the state border of Romania and the Republic of Moldova" jointly with the Embassy of Romania in the Republic of Moldova, Mr. Cristian Leon Țurcanu, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Romania in the Republic of Moldova, Mr. Petru Rotaru, Minister of Finance and representatives of the customs authorities of Romania and the Republic of Moldova.
During the discussion, the pressing issues faced by the business environment at the moment were addressed, such as:
- consolidating the infrastructure at the border crossing points with the crossing points with Romania;
- opening new customs posts and redirecting the flow of means of transport;
- strengthening the infrastructure of the railways to Ungheni and Giurgiulesti;
- urgent implementation of the National/International Transit System (NTS).
EBA was represented by:
- Dona Gabriela Rapciuga, Kaufland SRL;
- Vitalie Birca, Vitafor SRL;
- Sandra Dolghii, EBA Tax Policy Manager.