Starting January 2021, the “Local Civil Society Contributes to Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Development in Moldova” project has been launched. The initiative is funded by the European Union and co-funded by Sweden and is jointly implemented by East Europe Foundation, European Business Association and CONTACT Center.
The aim of the project is to empower vulnerable women and men to exploit sustainable economic opportunities, reap the benefits provided by the AA/DCFTA and to be better prepared to manage economic risks (such as Covid-19 pandemic) through active society engagement.
The project provides support to regional businesses through development of the policy analysis aimed to advance the access to opportunities offered by the AA/DCFTA and comprising concreate solutions on issues/legal provisions that significantly affect trade and entrepreneurial activity in Moldova. Also, within the project, regional SMEs will benefit from practical webinars on accessing EU markets, EU know-how and COVID issues.
EBA Moldova is seeking expert/experts (legal entity or individuals) to deliver translation services within the project.
- The selected Contractor shall provide full, prompt, accurate and expert consecutive/ simultaneous translation services in the following languages:
- from English to Romanian and vice versa
- from Russian to Romanian and vice versa
- Ensure professional translation, proofreading and editing of all text, including figures, boxes, captions, sources and covers;
- Perform terminology research and use the correct terms and names consistently throughout the translated text;
3. SELECTION CRITERIA
Experience of the expert(s)/legal entity in relevant fields;
The requested price for services:
- written translation: price per page/1800 characters.
- consecutive translation: price per hour
- simultaneous translation: price per hour
4. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To qualify the applicant (individual/legal entity) should submit the following documents:
- CV / company profile reflecting the relevant experience of the applicant with at least 3 references;
- Examples of previous assignments performed by the applicant if applicable;
- Financial offer in EUR :
- for legal entities / day rate in EUR, by clearly mentioning the price without VAT;
- for individuals - NET amount will be indicated.
5. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The services will be provided in the period from March 2022 to March 2023.
6. REQUIREMENTS TOWARDS QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Proposed experts are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in translation from English to Romanian and vice versa/ from Russian to Romanian and vice versa
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the translation sector;
- Experience in translating professional documents;
- Experience in performing simultaneous and consecutive interpretation in formal settings
( conferences, high-level meetings, trainings, etc.);
The deadline for submissions is March 25, 2022. The application should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, defining clearly for what type of services is applying. All questions regarding this task shall be addressed in written to Cristina Garaz, Project Manager, at email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.