Durng January 18 - 20th, EBA Moldova organized Module 5 of the "Resilience within financial institutions. AML Training Program", entitled "Compliance with the international sanctioning regime and trade embargoes".
The program is organized in partnership with the National Bank of Moldova and supported by the European Fund for Southeast Europe (EFSE) within the EU4Business Moldova initiative and by PwC Moldova.
The speakers of these sessions were:
- Laura Lică-Banu - Director, Forensic; Deloitte Romania;
- Adriana Mihai - Manager, Forensic; Deloitte Romania;
Among the sub-topics addressed were:
- Screening of sanctions - process and common concerns
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), European Union (EU), United Nations (UN) sanctions lists, other relevant lists;
- Mitigation of risks regarding the sanctions regime.
This Academy is attended by over 40 representatives of Financial Institutions, Large Companies and Small Microcredit Companies, representatives of ASEM and USM teachers.
Purpose of the Program “Resilience within financial institutions. AML Training Program ”is to improve the skills of CSB and compliance and the general level of expertise in the financial sector of both banks and non-bank credit organizations.
The program is structured in 8 modules and is led by trainers and experts with international and regional experience.